What is post defect inspection ?
A Post Defect Inspection, as the name suggests, is an inspection meant to be performed at new projects. The optimal time to conduct a Post Defect Inspection is after an Occupation Certificate for the building has been granted but before any building residents have moved in.
Why should I have a post defect inspection ?
1. Increase the marketability of your development
- With an impartial third-party inspection, you can provide buyers piece of mind and reduce public worry about construction flaws.
- As part of our programme, we do a follow-up inspection to ensure that the faults we highlighted have been corrected.
- Following a follow-up inspection, each product will be issued a 100-point Quality Assurance Certificate validating our findings.
- In a buyer’s market, your development will stand out immediately.
2. Conserve both time and money
- It is significantly simpler to discover and correct any faults when inspections are performed prior to occupancy.
- PCDI certificates may be classified by trade, making it easy to compute the amount of retention money to be kept on Subcontractors.
3. Enhance your Reputation
Performing a higher degree of independent examination demonstrates a developer’s or builder’s dedication to quality control.